Terms and Conditions
All prices quoted are in (GBP) UK Pounds Sterling. In the case of errors or price changes after an order has been placed the customer will be contacted and given the opportunity to cancel the order. If for any reason we cannot fulfil your order we will inform you immediately and offer you the option to cancel or rebook at any time. Canal and River Cruises Ltd liability in the case of cancellation or delay is limited to the amount paid for the service.
We strive to provide our customers with the best possible service and prices. Please contact us with your comments and suggestions or if you have any issues regarding your cruise. We can be contacted via e-mail, or by telephone using our customer service number +44 (0) 7899 800 856. Our customer service desk is open daily, from 9.00am – 6.00pm (excluding public holidays and Christmas holidays), standard rates apply.
Booking Terms & Conditions
1. Boarding will commence at the booked time and at the end of the cruise all passengers must disembark within 10 minutes of arrival.
2. All cruises start from and return to the locations specified in your Booking Confirmation unless otherwise agreed with the Captain.
3. In the event of any passenger not being carried for any cause whatsoever, including their late arrival at the starting point, no liability will be accepted by the operators.
4. 30% of the stated charter price is payable on booking. Canal and River Cruises will not consider any booking to be confirmed until the acceptance of our Terms and Conditions made during an online booking or by email, together with the required deposit is received. You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions upon receipt of your Booking Confirmation Email, unless you contact us by return within 24 hours of receipt.
5. The balance is payable in by bank transfer to:
NATWEST Sort Code: 60-13-33
Account Number: please call
Please use your surname as the reference and advise us by email if you make a bank transfer.
Payment by cheque made payable to Canal and River Cruises Ltd.
Payment must be complete 14 days before departure unless agreed with Canal and River Cruises Ltd in advance, when payment by cash or debit cards may be acceptable on the day of travel.
6. Passengers must board and disembark in accordance with the above terms unless prior written agreement is obtained, otherwise a surcharge on the hourly rate becomes payable. On Party Picnic Cruises if you wish to decorate the boat, up to two members of the party may arrive 20 minutes before departure, by prior arrangement with us.
7. The client is invited to inspect the vessel by appointment to satisfy suitability for the clients requirements.
8. The client shall take full responsibility for any loss or damage to the vessel, property or equipment, caused by the client or client’s guests. The client is responsible for the conduct of all members of their party while onboard.
9. On Public Boat Trips neither the client or their guests may bring foods or drinks aboard, whether for consumption or not, without having received prior written permission. The client is responsible for ensuring that their guests are aware of these terms. On Party Picnic and other Private Cruises we welcome you to bring your own picnic food (ie. ready to eat without any preparation) and cold drinks including a moderate amount of alcohol.
10. During the hire period the vessel shall remain under the complete control of the captain and crew appointed by the operator. The hirer shall accept the captain’s orders as to the sailing and the conduct of the passengers on board. The captain has the right to refuse passage to any person. Passengers must remain inside the vessel at all times and use only the main exits for embarkation and disembarkation unless instructed by the crew. Access to the roof side and bow decks is not permitted at any time.
11. In the event of cancellation by the Client, the deposit will be forfeit. For cancellations made 14 days or less before travel, full payment is due. An alternative date may be arranged at our discretion. For whatever reason we reserve the right to modify or cancel any cruise at our absolute discretion and although a full refund of monies paid will be arranged without question, we shall not be liable for any expenses, loss, damage, delay or inconvenience resulting therefrom.
12. Whilst every endeavour is always made to provide the services at the time stated, the operators will not be liable in any way for any expense, inconvenience, loss, injury or damage arising from any cause whatsoever beyond their control.
13. We operate in all weathers but will contact you in advance if our services are likely to be impacted by extraordinary weather conditions. The Captain has discretion to amend or cancel all cruises prior to and during the trip and his decision shall be final.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Your data controller is: Canal and River Cruises Ltd. You are entitled to a copy of your information held by us. If you would like to see this please contact the data controller at Canal and River Cruises Ltd. We may make a small charge for providing this to you.
Canal and River Cruises Ltd take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We will hold your information, where collected by us, and may use it to inform you in the future of offers by Canal and River Cruises Ltd, a full list of which is available on request. We promise not to provide, rent or sell your details to any third parties for similar purposes.
Canal and River Cruises have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access to comply with the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998. Canal and River Cruises Ltd are not responsible for breaches of security arising out of intentional and/or unauthorised attempts to access the site, for example, by computer hackers.
Canal and River Cruises Ltd are not responsible and will not be able to protect your privacy if you disclose personal information by emailing. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in this way. Emails sent to us may be used for testimonial purposes on this site but will be withdrawn if requested.